Sunday, November 6, 2011

Allergies

I was talking with a friend the other day and was blown away that that this is the first time since the kids started going to school, I have not had to pull out the medicinal arsenal for colds or allergies. We always battle the sniffles, ear aches, chest congestion- you name it, once school starts and throughout the school year.
Not including what I have upstairs...

It got to the point where I was going to have Mark plant some kind of tree so I could pull bark and make tea for the kids. The "hollistic approach."
That did not go over well.

I used to work at a hospital in Materials/Accounts Payable. I am no Doctor, Nurse, Licensed medical, clinical anything. Basically, I am a Mom who was sick of constantly giving my kids medicine.
Since Mark would not let me have a tree from some unknown country to plant in the backyard, it was suggested I give the kids 1 tablespoon of local honey for 30 days consistantly. I started to make them drink green tea with a tablespoon of honey every morning.

Seriously, I completely forgot about the whole reason we started to drink hot tea, because the green tea has become a breakfast staple. It wasn't until I was talking with my friend that I put two and two together. Four the most part drinking tea and honey = no more school sickness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment